1. The height of the railings outside the sidewalk or seat belt should not be less than 1.10m. The maximum net spacing between railings should not be greater than 140 mm, and horizontal railings should not be used in cutting. The structure design of bridge guardrail must be safe and reliable. The anchor bars should be set on the base of the guardrail, and its strength should meet the requirements of the national code.
2. The strength of bridge guardrail should be satisfied: the vehicle collides with the guardrail at a speed of 80KM/H at an angle of 15 degrees and does not fall into the river.
3. The shape and tone of the bridge guardrail are in harmony with the surrounding environment. It is suitable for landscape design of important bridges.
4. When bridges cross important traffic channels such as expressways, urban rail transit, expressways and trunk railways, protective nets should be installed on the pavement railings on the deck of bridges. The height of protective nets should not be less than 2m, and the length of protective nets should be the width of the underpass roads and extended by 10m in each direction.
5. The vertical load acting on the handrails of the pedestrian railings on the bridge should be 1.2KM/m, and the horizontal outward load should be 2.5KM/m. They should be calculated separately.